10/23/2008

I don't think you can handle this!

So Beyonce has apparently changed her name to Sasha Fierce. Is this real? God, I hope so.

She explains, "I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am. Sasha Fierce is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I'm working and when I'm on the stage."

She's even started a Myspace for Sasha Fierce...her top friend is Tom! She's holding a Sasha Fierce contest where one lucky winner gets a personal message from Sasha Fierce "when she is ready to reveal her identity" and a $500 gift bag. She has a French phrase on her page that translates to "I walk among holds the first role," according to Babelfish. She's uploaded pictures of cosmos, palm trees and a robot hand.

Sasha Fierce! It's the stupidest and best thing ever! It sounds like a nickname Flav handed out to her. I can't stop saying it: Sasha Fierce! Sasha Fierce! Sasha Fierce! I'm totally getting one of those Sasha Fierce t-shirts she's selling on her Myspace page and I'm going to wear it at all times.

So is she now going to take on a whole new persona, a la Garth Brooks and the whole Chris Gaines debacle? Is she going to release albums under both names? What does this mean for her sister Solange? Is she now going to change her name to Shasta Intense to compete? And does Jay-Z call her Sasha Fierce? I would think that he would frown on such stupidity, but it's adding some spice to their sex life so he just quietly tolerates it.

She'd better watch out for Tyra Banks...fierce is her word! Sasha Fierce! Sasha Fierce! Sasha Fierce!

No comments: